Sunday 11 May 2014

Taking Photos

After watching the dogging documentary I was inspired to capture this idea of hidden animal sex lives in human behavior. I decided to use myself as a model for this pictures. I am comfortable with my own skin and how I appear to take pictures of myself exposed. I photographed myself in my bedroom environment. This is where I personally experience these animalistic sex life behaviour. I personally would say I have a very experimental and animal like sex life and this is the place in which I like to act apon such behavior.

I wanted the photos to portray this sex life I have in the bedroom and be realistic to me. I wanted these to be nude photos to be accurate of the experience. I covered my dignity in the images by crossing my legs and using tape across my nipple area. The tape is representative of the sort of sex life I experience again, using such things as being tied up. There is something satisfying about having someone in control of you, just as a dog would have its master who tells it what to do.

To represent the animal in these photos I carried on with the use of bones within my work. I borrowed a deer skull from my friend to place over my face in the images. I wanted my face to be covered with that of an animals, representing the animal quality in the image. This is also representative of the thought pattern that goes throughout my mind when placed in this experience. My mind is often that of an animal quality, thinking about the experience and what is happening nothing else. It is although when placed in this time you are more confident, you do not think about being embarrassed. You can suggest crazy things to do and for fill your wildest cravings.

Contact of photoshoot:







No comments:

Post a Comment