Sunday 11 May 2014

Taking Apart The Trotter

After the main use of my pig trotter had come to an end for casting I decided to take the trotter apart to expose the bone. The trotter came from a pet store where it would have been used as a dog chew toy and still had flesh on it. I removed all the flesh I could and then put the bones into a mixture of warm water and biological washing powder. This mixture allowed the flesh to soften and eat away at it. The flesh then easily fell off the bone and cleaned the bones. I was then left with the bones from the trotter. I found these bones were interesting to look at after casting the trotter to see what is actually beneath the skin. We are the same as animals, we have flesh covering our bones but when we die we are all left at the same ending.

Bone cleaning process photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment