Tuesday 1 April 2014

Annalising my behaviour in a 'pack'


Through looking at modern examples of how humans can take on animalistic qualities through 'pack' like structures I became interested in how I behave. When I put thought into it I behave in a very different way with my friends that how I would act in a situation with other groups of people such as tutors, parents, and even siblings. Particularly when going out and when alcohol is involved my own pack like structure evolves within my friendship group.

You go out as a group, you stick together as a group. If one of the group goes missing you do everything in your will power to find where they have gone to, essentially 'hunting them down'. My own personal behaviour changes considerably when with my friends. I become very different to how I would be on my own. There is a sense of reliance within the group that you will all equal protect each other from harm, a bond as such. When another who doesn't belong to your 'pack' tries to unwantedly intrude the bond becomes apparent. Whether your 'pack' consists of males and females or just females or just males will vary how the 'pack' will react.

I would describe the group of friends I go out with as a 'female pack'. We mainly consist of just females (occasionally having the odd boyfriend dragged out with us). We stick together as a group, and are very protective of each other from people that don't 'belong' with us. If someone (especially strange males) approaches one member of the 'pack' and give the member unwanted attention the other members will do their best to get rid of the intruder. The 'pack' becomes a protective boundary for anybody that doesn't belong.

However, this 'pack' situation also becomes clear when other females become trouble to members. Some females from other 'packs' can occasionally cause problems to members, often fights are started and caused from different 'pack' members that do not see eye to eye. The 'pack' will often become involved with its individual members fights, again reinforcing the sense of trust amongst the 'pack'.

Through analysing my own group of friends and how we behave I can begin to believe that humans can clearly show animalistic traits. It is usually more apparent after the use of a substance such as alcohol that can relax the human traits, and cause us to forget how we are taught to act as humans.

There is a clear safety in being part of a 'pack'. It is hard to gain entry to a pack, and also hard to take out a 'pack' member when they have others looking out for them.


Examples of 'pack's' I belong to:


Home 'Pack'




University 'Pack'






No comments:

Post a Comment